6 Tips to Create a Safe and Stimulating Environment for Your Toddler
Making your toddler’s surroundings safe and entertaining is important for their physical, cognitive, and emotional development. Toddlers are inquisitive explorers who learn by playing and interacting with their environment. Here are 6 helpful hints!
1. Childproof your home: Start by childproofing your home to remove potential hazards. Secure heavy furniture to the walls, install safety gates at stairs and in areas you want to restrict access, cover electrical outlets, and keep small items and choking hazards out of reach.
We provide secure play facilities for children at Little Caliphs Playschool. The children will have a better time in the larger space
2. Create designated play areas: Choose a special area of your home for your children to play in. It is possible to fill a playroom or a part of the living room with toys and activities that are age-appropriate.
They’ll have a blast while learning important emotional skills with lots of toys to occupy the play spaces
Indeed, in Little Caliphs Playschool, we do provide:
3. Age-appropriate toys: Toys that are suitable for your toddler's age and developmental stage, encourage exploration, creativity, and problem-solving. Examples; building blocks, shape sorters, puzzles, and art supplies.
A variety of age-appropriate toys can aid to improve their cognitive and intellectual abilities
4. Incorporate sensory experiences: Toddlers like using their senses. Allow for sensory interactions with playdough, water play or sand. Additionally, through plays and activities, children will be exposed to a variety of textures, colours, and noises.
Your child's muscles may be strengthened by doing things like touching the textures and squeezing the sponge.
5. Limit screen time: Screen usage should be avoided for children under the age of 18 months and limited to one hour per day for children aged 2 to 5. Encourage hands-on activities instead of relying on screens for amusement.
6. Teach boundaries: Teaching young children about boundaries entails teaching them about personal space, permission, and acceptable behaviour towards themselves and others. Parents and teachers may help children feel safe and secure by setting limits, while also teaching them to respect others.